Tooth whitening is a mild bleaching process that restores stained or discoloured teeth to a healthy, natural colour.
Teeth become discoloured for different reasons:
- Frequently drinking coffee, tea and coke.
- Some antibiotics may darken teeth in developing children.
- Aging – The dentin underneath the enamel of a tooth gradually darken with age.
- Use of tobacco products.
- Accidents – if a tooth is traumatised, sometimes the nerve will gradually die.
- After Root Canal Treatment (RCT or Endodontic treatment) a tooth will gradually darken
The Whitening process involves making a tray to custom fit your teeth, to which a safe whitening agent is applied. The trays are worn 30 minutes morning and night. Most patients notice results within a few applications.